Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Feeling a Little Odd

My husband recently posted the famous Flannery O'Connor quote: "You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you odd."  That sounds about right.


The other day, a loved one mentioned she was going to start taking yoga classes.  So I took a deep breath and threw out a few cautionary comments about Hinduism and the occult and whatnot.  And as I listened to myself, I realized how weird I am.  I sounded like the Church Lady: "And who likes to practice yoga?  Could it be...mmmmm...SATAN?!"




But I know the spiritual world is real, full of angels and demons and battle.  So I have to speak up.  At the risk of sounding like the Freak of the Week.

Today I'm thankful for the many friends I've made over the past few years who make an effort each day to do God's will.  It's a lot easier to be Strange when you've got company.

No comments:

Post a Comment